Your Course Includes
LEVER’S revolutionary new Wi-Fi Design and Survey course
Superior WCC™ CWDP Training and Reference Manuals (x2)
Official Certitrek CWDP-304 Exam Study Guide
In-class exams for the WCC™ Certified Wi-Fi Network Designer™ (CWND™) Certification
Training from Europe’s Wi-Fi Network Design Experts
Lifetime Post-Training Support from LEVER Technology Group
Europe’s leading Certified Wireless Design Professional training course
Expert training from Europe’s Leading Wi-Fi Engineer Training and Certification company – the World’s First and Only GOLD CWNP Learning Partner*
In-course Training and Examination for the WCC™ Certified Wi-Fi Network Designer™ (CWND™) certification
Full-colour courseware, exam-prep materials, hands-on labs, and expert advice from the UK’s leading Wi-Fi network engineering company
Lifetime Post-Training Support – to help you in your future career.
Why this WiFi network design course?
The Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP) is an individual who can gather requirements, design, deploy, validate and optimise a Wi-Fi network.
This is the superior alternative to the Certitrek CWDP training course. Developed by the World leader in Wi-Fi training, LEVER’s CWDP training course trains you in Professional Wi-Fi Network Design, helps you prepare for the Certitrek CWDP-304 exam, and for the WCC™ Certified Wi-Fi Network Designer™ (CWND™) theory and practical exams.
- Access LEVER’s vastly-superior, hands-on practical training, courseware and reference materials.
- Obtain the WCC™ Certified Wi-Fi Network Designer™ (CWND™) advanced Wi-Fi network designer certification.
- Learn vital Wi-Fi network design concepts and methods – not taught on other CWDP courses.
- Get the knowledge you need to Plan, Design, Deploy and Audit enterprise-grade Wi-Fi networks.
- Learn expert Wi-Fi network Design using the latest Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E technologies.
- Understand the Certitrek CWDP WLAN design process – and prepare for Certitrek CWDP-304 exam and certification.
- Learn essential skills for planning, performing and documenting Wi-Fi network designs and site surveys.
- Get expert training from the Industry’s leader in Wi-Fi Network Engineering – working in Universities, major Corporates, retail, warehousing, sports stadiums and outdoor Wi-Fi deployments.
- Train with confidence with the longest-established CWNP Learning Partner* in UK and Europe, and the World’s FIRST and only CWNP Gold Partner*
- Get expert advice on Wi-Fi network Engineering from the World’s leader in Wi-Fi network Planning, Design, Survey, Analysis and Remediation.
- Qualify for Lifetime Post-Training Support from LEVER Technology Group.
Train for career progression with the World’s leader in Enterprise Wi-Fi engineering and training.
* CWNP Learning Partner 2004 – 2016, and CWNP’s FIRST and only GOLD Learning Partner 2008 – 2016.
WiFi network design Training Course Objectives
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the Certitrek CWDP WLAN design process in depth.
- Understand and apply the WCC™ CWND™ Wi-Fi network design process in depth.
- Use advanced, structured processes for professional Wi-Fi Network Planning, Design, Survey and Deployment.
- Design Wi-Fi networks for Coverage, Capacity and Availability.
- Describe advanced Wi-Fi network design concepts and techniques not taught on other CWDP courses.
- Design Wi-Fi networks using Wi-Fi 4, 5, 6 and 6E access points for 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz spectrum.
- Perform Active and Passive Wi-Fi site surveys to Design, Audit and Verify Wi-Fi networks.
- Get hands-on experience with Ekahau Pro (formerly Ekahau Site Survey) for Wi-Fi network design and survey.
- Prepare for the Certitrek Certified Wireless Design Professional CWDP-304 examination.
- Sit the WCC™ Certified Wi-Fi Network Designer CWND™ certification exams.
Who should attend this WiFi network design course
- All network professionals responsible for supporting or obtaining value and performance from their enterprise Wi-Fi networks.
- Network professionals who want to learn and apply state-of-the-art methods for Wi-Fi network Planning, Design and Survey.
- Wi-Fi network engineers preparing for the Certitrek (CWNP) CDWP-304 industry certification exam.
- Wi-Fi network professionals progressing towards the Internationally-recognised CWNE (Certified Wireless Network Expert) Certification.
WiFi Network Design Course Pre-requisites
Attendees should have existing knowledge and skills to the level of WCC Certified Wireless Network Manager (CWNM), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) or equivalent before attending this course.
WiFi Network Design Certification
LEVER’s superior Certified Wi-Fi Design Professional™ (CWDP) course helps attendees prepare for the Certitrek Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP) exam CWDP-304. Certitrek explain that “the Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP) is an individual who can gather requirements, design, deploy, validate and optimise a Wi-Fi network. The CWDP‐304 exam tests the candidate’s knowledge to verify their ability to perform the duties of a CWDP.”
- Exam Number: CWDP-304
- Availability: Pearson Vue Testing Center
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Questions: 60 multiple choice / multiple answer
- Language: English
Attendees also sit the WCC™ Certified Wi-Fi Network Designer™ (CWND™) Theory and Practical exams during the course.
Lifetime Post-Course Support
After completing this WiFi network design training course, delegates receive lifetime post-training support from LEVER Technology Group, to help them apply the technologies and skills they have learned with us, to provide career-long support, and to ensure they are better equipped for their future roles in IT and networking.
WiFi Network Design Training Course Content
IEEE 802.11 / Wi-Fi Technology Update
- Review of IEEE standards and amendments:
- Wi-Fi Alliance certifications
Introduction to WLAN Design
- The importance of good Wi-Fi network design
- Impacts of bad design
- The 7 types of Wi-Fi Survey
- Why most Wi-Fi design and survey design approaches fail
- The WCC Wi-Fi RF Network Design Process
- Capturing Customer Requirements (CRC)
- Wi-Fi network Coverage and Capacity specifications
- Reviewing dB, dBm, building attenuation, dBi, IR power and EIRP
Detailed Requirements Analysis
- Project Planning and Management
- Scope and Statement of Works (SoW)
- Working with Key Stakeholders
- Requirements, Guidelines and Compliance
- Defining the Wi-Fi network Coverage Specifications
- Examining key client device characteristics
- Characterising Applications and their Usage
- Defining Wi-Fi network Capacity Requirements
- Defining the Wi-Fi network Security Requirements
- Defining Wi-Fi Roaming requirements
- Defining Wi-Fi Security requirements
- Constraints and Aesthetic considerations
- Cabling and Power Budgets
- Writing and approving Wi-Fi Network Design Specifications to meet customer requirements
Wi-Fi Network Design In Depth
- Using Ekahau Pro for Wi-Fi network Design and Survey
- Predictive Wi-Fi network Design with Ekahau Pro
- Importing and working with floor plans
- Wi-Fi network Design Strategies
- Requirements Areas
- Device types
- Developing Initial and Optimised designs for Coverage-driven areas
- Designing for Capacity-driven areas
- Wi-Fi design for Corporate Offices
- Wi-Fi design for Warehouse and Logistics
- 3D Wi-Fi network design
- Design for different client and application types
- Handheld scanners
- Smartphones and tablets
- Voice over Wi-Fi (VoIP handsets)
- Voice and video applications
- IoT and smart devices
- Location tracking systems
- Dynamic vs. Static RF Channel and Power assignment
- Documenting your Wi-Fi network Designs
Wi-Fi Site Survey
- Passive vs Active survey
- The Auditing and Validation process
- Tools for Wi-Fi network Auditing and Troubleshooting
- Access points and antennas
- Portable power source
- Measuring tools
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- How to perform Passive Wi-Fi survey correctly
- How to perform Active Wi-Fi survey correctly
- Performing Site Survey of an existing Wi-Fi network
- Surveying with Ekahau Pro and Ekahau Sidekick
- In-Situ Wi-Fi Design using APoS and WCC™ MAPT™ methodologies
- Performing a Wi-Fi Validation survey
- Evaluating the Wi-Fi network design in detail
- Evaluating Wi-Fi Roaming performance
- Performing RF Spectrum Analysis
- Post-survey Documentation
Testing and Validating the WLAN
- Client performance testing
- Connectivity testing
- Application testing
- Roaming evaluation
- Capacity testing
- Security testing
- Sign-off and Handover Documentation
Advanced Network Design
- Selecting appropriate antennas
- Outdoor Wi-Fi design
- Capacity Planning for the Wired Infrastructure
- Understanding end-to-end QoS
- Defining Wired and Wireless (WMM) QoS requirements
- Wireless Mesh Design
Outdoor Wi-Fi Network Design
- Designing an Outdoor Wi-Fi network infrastructure
- Designing Point-to-Point wireless links
- Designing Multi-Point wireless networks
- Equipment selection, location, mounting, enclosures, backhaul, mesh
- Working with Ekahau Pro for Wi-Fi Design
- Predictive Wi-Fi Design for Coverage
- Predictive Wi-Fi Design for Capacity
- 3D Wi-Fi network Design
- Performing a Validation Wi-Fi Survey with Ekahau Pro and Ekahau Sidekick
- Designing an Outdoor Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Designing Point-to-Point wireless links