Why this IoT course?
In just one day, this high-value course will give you a complete 360 degree understanding of the essential IoT concepts, terminology, technologies, applications, products and more. Delegates get a rounded understanding of IoT as it applies to their job role. LEVER’s direct subject-on-demand consultation with practicing industry experts guarantees maximum value and success from attending this course.
IoT Training Course Objectives
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Show a 360 degree understanding of all major IoT concepts and terminology relevant to their job role.
- Get up-to-date on the latest relevant developments in IoT.
- Compare and contrast IoT technologies, products and services, with a vendor-neutral understanding of IoT.
Who should attend this IoT course
- Everyone wanting to understanding all major IoT concepts and terminology relevant to their job role.
- All IoT decision-makers and influencers – in both technical and non-technical roles.
IoT Course Pre-requisites
There are no pre-requisites for attending this course.
Lifetime Post-Course Support
After completing this IoT training course, delegates receive lifetime post-training support from LEVER Technology Group, to help them apply the technologies and skills they have learned with us, to provide career-long support, and to ensure they are better equipped for their future roles in IT and networking.
IoT Training Course Content
Overview of the Internet of Things
- IoT applications and services
- Enabling technologies
- IoT architecture and components
- Resource management
- Data management and analytics
- IoT communications and protocols
- IoT platforms
Understanding Wireless and RF technologies
- What is radio communication?
- Understanding Radio Waves
- Radio Frequencies
- Ranges of transmission
- Power, dBm, dB, EIRP
- Antenna gain
- Receiver Sensitivity
- Link Budget Calculations
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)
- Maintaining reliable communications
Understanding IoT Technologies
- IP networks
- IEEE 802.15.4 standards and ZigBee
- Bluetooth LE
- 802.11ah Wi-Fi HaLow
- LoRa and LoRaWAN
- Other LoRa-based systems
- Symphony Link
- Wi-SUN FAN
- LTE-M, LTE Cat-M
- Narrowband-IoT / NB-IoT / LTE-M2
- LTE Cat-NB
- Ingenu RPMA
Device and Cloud Collaboration Frameworks
- Fog Computing
- Streams processing in IoT
- Research and development in IoT
- Commercial products
- Managing IoT resources in the Cloud
- Programming frameworks for IoT
- Embedded boards
- Cloud-assisted cyber-physical systems
- Data analysis for IoT
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in IoT
- Understanding the risks of weak IoT security
- IoT vulnerabilities
- IoT security essentials
- A security framework for IoT
- Securing your IoT networks
- IoT reliability and robustness
- IoT governance
Current and Near-Term IoT Applications
- Consumer applications
- Elder care
- Medical and Healthcare, IoMT
- Industrial IoT (IIoT)
- IoT for Manufacturing
- IoT for Farming
- Smart Cities
- Smart Facilities Management
- IoT for Transportation and Logistics
- Internet of Vehicles, V2V, V2X