Why this VSAT course?
This is a well-established Continuing Professional Development (CPD) short course. It provides a technical foundation in VSAT communications together with an appreciation of the latest developments and the understanding to deal with VSAT systems and their applications.
Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSATs) support a range of highly effective broadband, Internet, and multimedia satellite communications services. This course commences by developing a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of satellite links, and moves on to implementation issues and case studies.
Who should attend this VSAT course
- All those requiring a technical understanding of VSAT systems as well as detailed knowledge of current systems design.
- The course will serve practising engineers and information technologists as well as managers, users and those concerned about the impact of VSATs.
VSAT Course Pre-requisites
Delegates should have existing experience in telecommunications or data networking prior to attending this course.
Lifetime Post-Course Support
After completing this VSAT training course, delegates receive lifetime post-training support from LEVER Technology Group, to help them apply the technologies and skills they have learned with us, to provide career-long support, and to ensure they are better equipped for their future roles in IT and networking.
VSAT Training Course Content
Summary of Course content
- The course aims to provide state-of-the-art exposition of practical VSAT technology and systems, together with a grounding in the fundamentals of satellite communications.
- Attendees will learn:
- What VSATs are, and their applications areas
- The technical background of satellite communications
- To perform Link Budget analyses and understand system impairments
- Features of VSAT data networks and service provision
- Principles of data protocols and network management in VSAT systems
- Implications and practice of multimedia and Internet service delivery
- Planning and sizing of VSAT networks
- Technology issues for VSAT systems
- Appreciation of regulatory constraints, the market, and business opportunities
- The status of current VSAT programmes
- The Course will comprise lectures complemented by short presentations dealing with state-of-the art programmes and issues in VSAT communications. The syllabus topics provisionally include:
Satcom system fundamentals
- Introduction to VSAT Systems
- Principles of Satellite Communications
- Data Transmission and Protocols
- Link Budgets
- Modulation and Coding for VSAT Systems
- Satellite Access Techniques
- Propagation Effects for VSAT Systems
Days 2 – 5:
VSAT Systems and Services
- VSAT Systems and Applications
- VSAT Service Provision, Markets and Opportunities
- VSAT Regulatory Issues
- VSAT Networks; Military VSAT Systems
- Broadband Multimedia Services
- Internet service provision using DVB formats
- Multicast internet services via Satellite
- Satellite Digital Broadcasting
Techniques and Implementation
- VSAT implementation issues
- Antennas for VSAT Systems
- Satellite Engineering
- TCP/IP for VSATs
- Monitoring and control & network management systems
Case Studies and Analysis
- Comparative Study of New VSAT Systems
- VSAT Performance Enhancements
- Practical VSAT Operations
- Operational support systems for Satcoms
- Broadband interactive services
- Current and future commercial VSAT systems and services.